I Love My Blog

Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Mt. Pico de Loro January 15, 2015



Mt. Pico De Loro  January 15, 2015 

(first-time-ever hike)














Outfit for Tomorrow! Check! Got a pair of  comfy shirt and leggings.  It's my first time to go hiking. Whooo!!! But I had a hard time sleeping... kasi naman I was very excited for you Mt. Pico .. hindi pala excited lang, excited na excited  pala ako hahaha :)



wahhh!!!!! I'm already prepared at 4:00am.  waiting for my friend's text and call. until I fell asleep again, feeling we might not see Pico de loro. but at 5:00am I received a call from one of my friends telling me; 

" Bakla kakagising ko lang, punta na kayo sa LRT nalang tayo kita."

while reading those messages, I felt nabuhayan and right away I left the house and asked my father to drop me in LRT Tayuman.




we arrived LRT Baclaran at 6:00am and we bought food - one bucket of chicken 8pcs Jollibee. And rode jeepney going to Coastal Mall bus station look for the signboard  Ternate cavite.




It took almost two hours. the bus drop us off in one area and then we rode a tricycle going to DENR.  unfortunately our friend noticed that he left the bucket in the bus. hahaha Wala kaming Pagkaen... that's where the story begun where we got our group name "TEAM BUCKET" ...  moving on, we had our 1st registration at DENR and bought some foods. we walked 5 mins. Going to jump off at 9:15 we start climbing. but first thing first we had our little prayer. 

Start walking Joy, Veng,  Guiller and me

If you see this tree, congrats you're almost near at station one :) 


selfie at the station one :)


walk... picture... walk. picture ... walk... there are two ways; one going to falls and the other one going to the camping site. We decided to see falls first. We had some  picture taking. 


Me doing a look up, look up  hahaha :)


Hi guys :) meet my super friends Joy and Veng 




 moving on, Rockies welcome us. some were big rocks some were small. my legs was shaking while climbing and walking and we hinto-hinto coz it's really tiring. making our  legs feel pained. but we need to push it to see the summit and I have a goal why I go climbing fight fight with the pain.





 Every hikers we passed by were saying magandang umaga.... malapit na 30 mins nalang  I think we heard it 10 times hahaha but we haven't see any tents, but its a good one to cheer us up, keeping our excitement. Then we walked fast to see the camping site. and finally after 30 mins. we arrived at the camping site.



Me and Veronica enjoying the View 

 its a pick season and Mt. Pico de Loro is expecting a bunch of hikers. we reached at 12:30 and had our lunch and picture taking before going to the summit. 



Happy Lunch Time


Peace :) 



Me and Joy and see that monolith behind us.

mesmerized by the beauty of nature
after picture taking we decided to climb the summit. It's sandy and the grass were holding seems to be removed easily "marami ng pinag daanan na kamay para kapitan hahaha"  felt pity with the grass. anyway since it's slippery because of the sands and the little rocks we only reach the summit. 




slippery sand and little rocks we need to crawl going up



sitting down just enjoying the view joy , guiller and me 




I finally revealed whats my plan hahaha well all of them where shocked for the first time looking at me asking:

"anung hinuhugot mo dyan sa bag mo.. well ito sya hahaha nag mamaganda lang ako :) wanna say something sweet for my lelebs.

 My lelebs motivated me to hike



I just want to do it.  I want to show to my boyfriend wherever I may go his always with me. I wanna collect adventurous experiences, to share with him the thrill and excitement I feel. 





moving on we had our picture mixture of course its part of our memories :) after that we had hard time going down because its slippery some of us nagpadulas sa buhangin hahaha.
but its still great going back to the camping site.


picture picture at the campsite before descending
We descend at the camping site at 2pm. now its more better and quick going down the easiest way was always going down.  



back at station one 

At the station one, we  washed hands and changed clothes and rested for a bit and finally resume descending. 



We will Return Mt. Pico

At five o'clock we reached the jump off wahhhh.. sarap humiga sa kalsada. finally we did it and for sure will come back again and we will aim to climb at the pick  for the second time hike.  I love Mt. Pico De loro :) :) :)







Here is Our Itinerary

Day Hike: January 15, 2015

05:00 AM Meet up LRT Tayuman
06:30 AM Arrive at Coastal Mall Bus Terminal (Ternate Cavite)
09:00 AM Rent Tricycle to Magnetic Hill DENR ( Registration 25)
09:15 AM ETA DENR /jump off
10:30 AM ETA Rest Station, Base Camp 1 (Registration 25)
11:00AM  Water falls side trips
12:30 PM ETA Camp Site
01:00 PM Summit
01:30 PM Back to Camp site
02:00 PM Descend from Camp site
05:00 PM DENR Jump off Point



Budget for Mt. Pico de Loro


LRT  tayuman to Baclaran -Php 30.00
Jeepney goint to Coastal mall - Php 8.00
Bus fare Manila to Ternate - Php 75.00
Tricycle ternate to DENR jump off - Php 75.oo
Registration DENR Jump off - Php 25.00
Registration Base camp 1 - Php 25.00
Tricycle DENR jump off to Bus terminal - Php 75.00
Bus fare  Ternate to Manila - Php 75.00
Packed launch - Php 150. oo

Total : Php 538.00   




Hope you enjoy reading my blog :)


No comments:

Post a Comment